Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School, again!

August is almost over, and with that comes one of my favorite seasons, Autumn. There's something about Maryland summers that really tests your patience. It's a struggle to stay hydrated, there's seemingly no relief from the stagnant air drenched with humidity, and through it all you're supposed to do your best at your daily tasks involving physical labor. Not to mention the mosquitos! So, since I'm still working in the Amazonia building at the National Zoo, we're now dealing with all the aforementioned annoyances, and continuing to plod through this fire alarm retrofit as best we can. It's challenging, but rewarding now that we can see some serious progress. We're nearly finished with the majority of the difficult and strenuous work, and I can see the horizon ahead. Soon we should be pulling some specially-colored wires of various gauges and then it's all downhill from there!

In the meanwhile, I just received my confirmation of which evening course I'll be attending this upcoming semester -- Elements of Trade Teaching. I'm looking forward to this class immensely; I've really appreciated all the skills and knowledge this trade has given me, and I can't wait to pay it forward.

And even though this hot, hot summer has brought forward bountiful harvests for me (think tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, cucumber, watermelon and numerous herbs) I'm glad for things to finally be winding down. It's hot out there!

1 comment:

  1. An impressive post, I just gave this to a colleague who is doing a little analysis on this topic. And he is very happy and thanking me for finding it. But all thanks to you for writing in such simple words. Big thumb up for this blog post!
    Electricians Lancaster

    ReplyDelete